This blog is mainly designed for both aviation and photo enthousiasts. I try to post a lot of pictures, mainly related to aviation, but sometimes just about me... I hope you'll enjoy this website.

BinouZe.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

N64848, we're gonna divert to St Augustine...






On monday (Jan 21st), I was planning to go to St Simons Island, KSSI, North of Jacksonville. It was a pretty windy day, but the latest weather gave something just below the limitations of our Rocket... :) So... Let's go.
It went smoothly all the way up to Jackonville, but then the ceiling began to drop pretty quickly, the vis also, and down at 1500ft (from 3500ft a few mins ago) we called The Flight Service station to get the latest in St Simons... : "St simons Island, wind 030 at 19gusting28, peak wind measured 1/2 hour ago at 32. vis 10, 1800 broken, overcast 2300. Temp 8, dew point 3, altimeter 3062" (I still've got the writing from the flight on my kneeboard). Beeing in a C152, earing that is almost freightening... wind gusting up to 32 knots !!!
We quickly decide to divert to a more suitable place for our cessna, so ... let's head back to the south. St Augustine is a nice historical city, we need to grab a bite... so be it, St Augustine it is !
After landing there we go downtown (the oldest city in all the US, this is actually a touristic historical place), take some picts of that place, eat something and go back to Daytona...
I add some shots from Lynch ramp in Daytona were is parked our aircraft, I think I never posted any picts of that place tough I go there each time I fly. Note that beauty Dassault Falcon 900 firing up its engines as I shot on Lynch ramp...

No comments: