This blog is mainly designed for both aviation and photo enthousiasts. I try to post a lot of pictures, mainly related to aviation, but sometimes just about me... I hope you'll enjoy this website.

BinouZe.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Some more picts

Looks like internet works a bit better than usual tonight, so I'll add the latest pictures I took today !
Two of these pictures below were taken at some place named Batom (the pictures with all these people around the aircraft), quite remote but not in the mountains this time, easy strip about 700m long on flat land : piece of cake ;) I would have considered this a challenging strip a few months ago probably ... Hahaha ... not any more !
The other 2 pictures are : One from our base's apron in Jayapura-Sentani airport, the other from a mountain strip named Sinak.
The people over there are typical Papuans, Tribal look, kids running around the aircraft, so excited about all that food being dropped the the "bird made out of steel" driven by the white people ^^
That is amazing how for a few minutes 2 worlds completely different coexist on that small runway : state of the art technology and civilization versus people from the bush living so simply !
I love that feeling of adventure, feeling a bit privileged to be able to go to these places that so few people go to, in the middle of the jungle, and in the same day fly back to base with all the comfort we like. I love my job !


No comments: